Saturday, August 2, 2008

There's Only One Gender Up Here...

I know I've been out of the Oakcrest loop for awhile and I've no excuses! I'm not a big phone person and I could never respond to the mass emails for some reason. Ok, these sound like excuses but there are few of them. So, here's the update...


Nathan and I married in July of 2003. We were introduced by my brother and his fiance. Nathan is originally from the Buffalo, NY area where my brother served his mission and met his lady who was good friends with Nathan! (breathe!) We just like to tell people that we met in the celestial room of the temple. Because that is where we were actually introduced! He's a great person and I love him dearly.

Ok, jobs. Nathan make crowns. Not for Royalty, or Burger King, but for your mouth. He's a Dental Technician. He's in training and will be a CDT soon. Hopefully he passes his test. This occupation is his niche for he is the most detail-oriented, anal person I know. It's amazing he hasn't killed me yet for my messy, artsy ways. He's a good sport. Before Logan was born I worked in an art gallery selling art and doing high-end custom picture framing. I'd been there almost 3 years as production manager. I miss it like crazy but being home gives me some time to do my own art again.


We'd been trying to get pregnant for awhile but our sweet Logan took his sweet time getting here. We've no regrets, though, because Nathan and I loved being just us for 4 years! We did some traveling (nothing too extravagant) and just loved being an aunt and uncle to some great kids!


Now we have Logan Alexander. He's pretty much Master of the House at 4 months old! I'm sure all of you with kiddos can relate! We are now completely enthralled with our new ability to make him laugh. He was a pretty colicky baby but is much more enjoyable. I was almost completely sure he'd be an only child (I couldn't imagine doing this to myself twice!) but my pediatrician kept encouraging me not to give up and that he'd grow out of this fixation with crying all the time! And she was right...he's an absolute gem!


All in all we are so happy! We just bought a condo in Cottonwood Heights. We love the area and our ward. We have great friends and hope to strengthen my Oakcrest friendships! Love you all!

Jennifer, Nathan, and Logan Kay

1 comment:

Melissa Ash said...

Cottonwood Heights? That is where I live! We should get together sometime! -Timber